Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Questions. No Answers.

I bought the boots. Zappos has free overnight shipping. I should get them tomorrow.

Stay tuned for pictures (if I remember to recharge my camera batteries, which are so old and sucky they lose their charge after, like, 3 pictures).

I am still undecided about the jeans. $105 seems like a lot to pay. At least the shipping should be free (*woot*). What's the most you've ever paid for a pair of jeans. Speaking of "pair," is it countable or uncountable? Do you have 2 pair of shoes or 2 pairs of shoes? Grammarians?

In other news, I am working on my cover letter for the job in Seattle. Are there any job-hunting experts out there who would like to take a look at my resume/cover letter for me? I could use some input [and my regular, DC-based Advisors aren't around]. kthx.

I felt sad last night. *sigh*
I could use some chocolate.

Fortunately, I have a bar of Green & Black's Organic Dark Chocolate with Espresso Beans. Mmm. Mmm.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, yes, I will eagerly await your report on the boots. I am officially covetous.

    I'm no grammarian per se, but off-hand, I do count pairs.

    My feeling on expensive clothes is that if they really do fit well and I figure on wearing and keeping them for a while, then I accept the cost and think of it as a worthwhile investment. But on the other hand, if I'm not feeling it 100% (like they don't fit perfectly or something else isn't right), then I put it back or return it (if I've already bought it!). There's some satisfaction in that, for me at least. Willpower!

    Middle-of-the-road answer, huh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate rechargeable batteries, they never last for very long.

    I am still undecided about those boots...

    sorry to hear you were sad last night..

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seattle would be great (though I have personal reasons why that city makes me cringe (entirely unique to me)).

    All my skills are now fully tailored to the narrow academic job market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seattle? Bossy's hair would be too poofy. As for the other thing, Bossy has had her way with a few resumes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just spent $190 on a pair of jeans. Yes, it's true. Previously, the most expensive item of clothing I owned was a pair of $150 boots.

    I'm a little ashamed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will proof any resume or cover letter you email me.

    ReplyDelete