Monday, January 29, 2007

*yawn*

I am very tired. Tonight is Meat-free Monday, but I will not be making anything overly experimental. I want quick, easy, and warming. Thus, I will be making chili. Mmm. We like the chili. The chili is good. The chili is easy. Then, the VUBOQ can go to bed early.

So. very. very. tired.

If you would like the chili recipe, here it is:

2 cans of beans (I like to use one red and one black), drained [and rinsed if not organic]
Onion
Corn
1 can of diced tomato with chilies
Various and assorted spices
Whatever the hell else you want to throw in there

Cook it all up.
Top with cheese.
Eat.
I usually make cornbread, but I think I'm going to have pita tonight.

I am still cranky.
I don't particularly enjoy being cranky.

On a brighter note, my friend and former co-worker, Dana, reminded me of where the Amish Market is (Germantown, near her office) and sent me a link: Lancaster County Dutch Market.

Also, some of you may not know this, but I love doing my taxes every year. I like the process - the gathering of the receipts and W-2s and things. I like how elegant the form is, how the numbers line up. And I like simple, uncomplicated math. I need one more statement (my 2006 property taxes) and then I can file! *woot*

Something you may want to take note of, which I read on the IRS website: If you are single and your adjusted gross income (I think it was AGI) is less than $50K, you can e-file from various vendors for FREE!!! Check it out, people!

3 comments:

  1. i like my chili over rice with a generous dollop of sour cream rather than cheese :) oh yes, sour cream...*homer simpson drooling sound*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You like doing tax?! I can never find anything I need. I'm currently being chased for extra info by UK Tax office so I sent them an email which said approximately: "I can't be arsed to fly back to the UK. Please forget about the tax refund you owe me and send me the penalty fine for not filing instead"

    That should do it, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cranky. I'm so feelin' you on that.

    ReplyDelete