Saturday, January 27, 2007

Notes on a Scandalous Queen

VUBOQ went to the movies

(and a $25 all you can drink 5-8PM happy hour last night, but that's another story).

Carolyn, Kristen, and I met at 11:30 this morning in Scarylandia (aka Virginia) for a day at the movies. First, we watched Judi Dench in Notes on a Scandal. Twenty minutes after that movie, we saw Helen Mirren in The Queen. I thought Notes was a better, more interesting, more complex film. And, Judi Dench's performance was amazing. Helen Mirren's performance in The Queen was the only interesting thing about that movie. If you haven't seen either, I would recommend seeing Notes first. I would very much like to see Judi Dench win the Oscar, but -more than likely- Helen Mirren will carry the day. dang.

After the movies, Kristen went to pick up her husband, John, and we had sushi. Well, they had sushi. I had vegetable tempura. I am feeling all fat and bloated. I think I will spend the rest of the evening reclining on my sofa. Perhaps I will knit.

3 comments:

  1. I love Dame Judi Dench!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too would love to see Dame Dench prevail over Dame Mirren, but it's not gonna happen .. the fix is already in

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Helen Mirren, and adore Judi Dench. I haven't seen either movie yet, but am looking forward to both.

    ReplyDelete