Monday, January 08, 2007

Behold! Taxes! They Are Confusing!

A few moments ago, my boss handed me my first pay statment of the New Year. Recently, I increased my pre-tax MetroChek withdrawal from $10 to $20. This was the first statement with the new amount, so I was expecting my pay to be a few dollars less than usual.

It wasn't.

In fact, after comparing it to my previous statement, it was $2.50 more! Somehow, increasing my pre-tax Metro payments has given me a pay raise!

Woo hoo. I don't know how that happened, but I like it.

3 comments:

  1. Now if only the trains wouldn't jump the tracks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Reducing your taxable income through deductions decreases your taxes, potentially increasing your take-home pay. I recently upped my 401(k) contribution rate, so hopefully I'll see some kind of tax relief as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Increase your metro thing to $1000. Mega rise....

    ReplyDelete