Wednesday, January 31, 2007

VUBOQ the Unclogger*

The Floweasy worked easily and there was flow. I poured the brown liquid into my clogged sink, waited 15 minutes, and flushed with cold water for 5 minutes. And, voila!, the clog was gone. Life is good.

As an added bonus, my metal sink drain looks all bright and shiny now. Yay for strong acids! YAY! Now, I want to pour Floweasy all over my house to make it bright and shiny. Will it work on the piles of papers waiting to be filed? The deconstructed cardboard boxes by the door? The random assorted bits and bobs cluttering my life?

For those of you who suggested using a snake, I would like you to know that I briefly considered it. Until I read this: When you reach an impasse, pull out the snake. With any luck, there will be a revolting rotten mass at the end of it, and decided toxic chemicals it is! *woot*

As for the rest of the evening, I watched 16 Blocks, starring Bruce Willis and Mos Def, which was surprisingly good. I mean, it's not an Oscar-worthy film or anything, but it was entertaining.

I am taking a brief break from knitting the Never-Ending Left Sleeve of the Never-Ending Sweater of Doom. I have set a goal of finishing this sweater by the end of February. That way I will have only worked on the thing for just over a year.

I started working on a cap. I found very soft yarn at Stitch DC last weekend, so the hat should totally rock. I bought enough yarn for two hats. I need to make three four [because who can refuse cute boys who say "pretty please?"].

My first writing class is tonight. I'm a little nervous.

More later, kittens. *smooches*

*Title taken from a txt msg from Robert

5 comments:

  1. you should take me to Stitch DC....i'm forgetting how to knit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A most worthy title, o unclogged one. You will do great in your writing class!

    Is one of those hats for me? Pretty please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have fun in your writing class! You're so brave and fierce for signing up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you not get any finger cramp since you've been knitting a lot. I am almost done with my thing but my index finger hurts like mother fudger....

    Good luck in the class. A little scotch prior to the class? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. >For those of you who suggested using a snake, I would like you to know that I briefly considered it. Until I read this: When you reach an impasse, pull out the snake. With any luck, there will be a revolting rotten mass at the end of it, and decided toxic chemicals it is! *woot*

    An enema isn't a bad idea, if you like taking some, but you should not mistake the value of a snake when it's the right tool. Wo0t ya back.

    ReplyDelete