Monday, January 22, 2007

Meat-Free Monday: [Trying to Be] Gourmet Edition

As I was preparing to leave work today, I realized that I had forgotten to eat lunch. Oops. Thus, the *very* early Meat-Free Monday meal :-)

I also had a craving for wild rice. I decided to carmelize a red onion with mushrooms; however, when I got home, I discovered my red onion had ... erm ... gotten a little moldy. [And, by "a little," I mean "was covered in mold colonies and soft and mushy."] I really should clean out my refridgerator more often.

Soo... instead, while the basmati and wild rice mix was simmering, I sauteed a mix of different mushrooms with garlic and balsamic vinegar and added about half of a bag of baby spinach.

Then, I steamed some green beans, which I tossed with toasted pine nuts and parmesan cheese!

Giving us:

Meatfree

Mmmm ...

Dessert will be Chocolate Peanut Butter Haagen-Daz. *drool*

*Meat-free smooches*

2 comments:

  1. Dinner looks delicious.

    And, Chocolate peanutbutter ice-cream is my favourite.

    I'm craving it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate penaut butter ice cream is way too rich or something for me.

    Off topic... why don't you ever stop by my blog anymore? I miss your comments.

    ReplyDelete