Monday, January 08, 2007

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary. How Does Your Garden Grow?

It would seem that my camera has problems with close-up photos. Here are two very blurry pics of my windowsill herb garden:

Sweet Basil and Sweet Marjoram

Cilantro and Dill

And, here's a fun picture of my Meat-Free Monday Experimental Soup in the Making [please note cute new 8 quart soup pot]:


It's onion, small butternut squash, sweet potato, and a can of diced fire-roasted tomatoes with chilies. Onions sauteed in canola oil and Thai red curry paste. Added a veggie boullion cube and enough water to cover. Now, it's in the "simmer until soft" stage. Then, I will blend. *woot*

I forgot to buy cream or coconut milk to make it creamy. Oh, well. Verdict and -maybe- final photo tomorrow.

*smooch*

4 comments:

  1. Damn. I keep forgetting that Monday's are supposed to be meat free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those herbs are cute. Eat them! Eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are pots not pets! hate them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of these days I'm going to kidnap you and make you my personal chef. Or at least keep you for a bit and make you teach me your secrets!

    I love (and envy) your passion for cooking/food prep.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete