Thursday, January 18, 2007

Phlegmy

I'm taking the day off. I probably could have gone into work today, but when the alarm went off at 6:20AM (and every 7 minutes after that until 7:00AM), I could not bring myself to get out of bed. So, I called my boss and told him I needed a sick day.

I am sick. Really. I'm congested and coughing and have a sinus headache. It's loads of fun. I made some ginger-lemon tea with cayenne pepper and honey, which I drank this morning. Robert always tells me to swallow a clove of garlic too. I did yesterday. It's not fun. I have to cut it into pieces and they kind of hurt when I swallow them. I wonder if I could mash it into a glass of water and drink it? That might be easier.

No plans for the day. I'll probably knit, eat, sleep, goof around on the computer, and possibly even finish watching Season 1 of Melrose Place.

*germy smooches*

11 comments:

  1. Is the Tequila not working?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take rest and get well soon! Then we can drink lots of margarita again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take rest and get well soon! Then we can drink lots of margarita again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take rest and get well soon! Then we can drink tons of margarita again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If that's raw garlic (and I assume it is) that you're going to try and mash into a glass of water--no, it's not going to be easier to drink it. They do have garlic pills nowdays, yanno...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although, then again, roast garlic is so easy to make, and so yummy. Maybe that would work better?

    ReplyDelete
  7. feel better soon :)

    how about smashed garlic with some plain yogurt (and optional: diced cucumber and dried mint) salad? it's yumm.. i love to eat it with plain rice when i'm sick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh and of course a bit of salt with the yogurt.. opps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you feel better soon! Here's to lots of sleep, fluids, and friends who give you tender loving care.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. make some miso soup and add a few cloves of smashed garlic.

    oh, and add some rum to that hot tea, and make some hot lemonade (lemons, hot water and honey). drink lots of water and get lots of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you managed the garlic take solice in the fact you're not becoming a vampire. That can happen. Especially in America so I've been led to believe by too many hours of crap TV

    ReplyDelete