Friday, January 19, 2007

The Big Dipper and I

I can recognize three constellations: Orion, Scorpio, and the Big Dipper.

Tonight, on the way home, I saw the Big Dipper. Scooping up the sky and dumping it back out. Like life. We have happiness; we have sorrow. What goes around comes around. And I thought, as I gazed upon the Big Dipper making its slow, lazy, seasonal circle in the sky, there is hope. Things get bad. Then, they get better.

Somehow, gazing into the dark black sky, feeling the emptiness of space, and the whirling of the stars made me feel better.

I thought I couldn't go on. But I can. And I will.

That's how it works.

5 comments:

  1. I've been in that space many times, and the night sky somehow gives me hope too.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me, of course you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes contemplating on death, the ultimate emptiness (from life's perspective), calms me down and centers me. i found out later that it's not an uncommon contemplation/ meditation technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You thought you couldn't go on?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can be so silly sometimes Mr.Vuboq! Now you've gone and made me miss the big dipper. My favourite constellation and I've left it behind in the Northern Hemisphere. I can still see Orion though

    ReplyDelete