Sunday, January 14, 2007

I Could've Made Soup from My Tears

Tomoko and I went to see Pan's Labyrinth this afternoon. OMG. A totally amazing movie. It was beautiful. And happy. And sad. Very sad. Like, very rarely do I have to stifle sobs during a film. This one, I did. Very rarely do I wish I could watch the movie at home, alone, so I could cry uninterrupted.

I think the last movie I saw in which I felt like that was the Japanese film Grave of the Fireflies (Hotaru no Haka). Which fortunately, I watched in the comfort of my own home.

Anyway, I highly recommend it. Go see it. NOW.

*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:35 AM

    I loved Grave of the Fireflies and recommend it to everyone. Of course, the tears blurred my eyes throughout the whole movie. Thanks for the tip on the other movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember I told you about the movie "Devil's Backbone"? The same director of Pan's Labyrinth. Make sense. Don't even mention "Grave of the Fireflies"!! I'm sobbing now.

    ReplyDelete