Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Terrible Twos

Happy Blogrthday to VUBOQ
Happy Blogrthday to VUBOQ
Happy Blogrthday to VUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBOQ
Happy Blogrthday to VU.

Yep. Today we are two.
Hard to believe, huh?
I mean, like, so much has happened in two years.
I drank a lot.
And I knitted.
And I watched DVDs.

*whew*

Seriously, people, why do you keep reading this schlock?
I find it a little baffling, really.

Oh, well. I promise to keep on drinking, knitting, and watching DVDs for years to come ... just for you.
Stay tuned.

Meanwhile, we had an ice storm last night. I love how the trees looked like they'd been dipped in glass this morning. I didn't love walking (er ... sliding) to work, though.

I also didn't love how the traffic lights were out near my office. Listen, people, I don't even drive and I know that, when the traffic lights aren't working, you treat it as a 4-way stop. It does NOT mean that you can just speed through the intersection like it's not there. And, I'm looking at you gigantic garbage truck which almost plowed over me.

*golf claps to the few cars I saw which did treat it as a 4-way stop*

Lessee .... not much else to report. Y came over last night to hang out. I was tired and cranky, so I probably wasn't much fun to be around. Sometimes, I don't know why he insists on putting up with me.

I'm supposed to do laundry today, but it seems like our washers may be borked. gah. We also have a board meeting tonight. w00t. And, then Project Runway. YAY!

More later. *smooches*

12 comments:

  1. That reminds me. I've got one of those coming up soon.

    Many happy returns of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!
    Amen to the 4-way-stop thing. (And note to my local drivers: torrential rains do not give you license to blow off the speed limit entirely.)
    Also (from previous post) beautiful cat. Must have more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And for this they raised your condo fee *how much*?

    Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogiversary, sweetie. I don't know how I used to make it through the day without the boozy, knitting posts that I so love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogrthday!

    Be careful on the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogbirthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You old fart. I'm still young and....umm, not blocked for objectionable contact at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy bloghtjhufhay, or whatever you called it. I'm about two weeks older than you in blog years, I think. Should I have bought a cake? Shit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that's you're two can we expect daily temper tantrums and much use of the NO word?! Also, potty training (pottery training?).

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday!

    Hahaha. In Phoenix, I learned to stay off the arterials when the monsoons took out the power. NO ONE stopped at intersections. You could walk (or drive very cautiously) around and watch crash after crash after crash after crash. What fun I had! Ahhh, the good old days.

    ReplyDelete