Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Get Your Vote On

Ugh. Ever have one of those nights in which you keep dreaming that you're not getting any sleep, so when the alarm goes off you don't feel rested at all? Mm-hm. Yep. That was me this morning.

AND, I couldn't even sleep as late as usual, because I had to go get my vote on!

Yep, I was up at the asscrack of dawn to wait in line to cast my vote for Phil Kauffman for Board of Education Member-at-Large. Woo hoo! Voting Rocks!

Oh, yeah, and there was that Presidential race as well ...

Across the Hall from DUN Neighbor was working as an Election Judge. I stopped by to say hi. She asked how long the wait was. I said about 20 minutes and that the line was to the end of the hall.

The other judge looked at me and said, "Thanks. That's really helpful to know."

Given that I hadn't had my coffee yet, I couldn't tell if he was genuine or being a smartass (or being a genuine smartass). So, I stared at him for a few seconds, giving him my best "Uh? What?" look and continued talking to AtHfDUNN. Word to the wise: It's best not to engage me in conversation before my first cup of coffee.

Meanwhile, in non-voting news, pottery class was fun last night. Scroll down to see a picture of my pitcher.

AND, while in pottery, my friend, Min, called to tell me he and his partner are getting married! YAY! They live in Boston, and the date (of the marriage? of the party? I'm not sure, because the message was a bit garbled) is March 14th. Unfortunately, I won't be able to go since that's the day before the Global Blogger Meet-Up.

Alas. I will call him tonight when I get home from work.

I'll also be participating in 12-of-12 again today. Stay tuned for exciting photos from my thrilling day.

More later. *smooches*

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're gonna offer Min and man to hold the celebrations in DC instead so they can then enjoy the weekend/week with us?

    If they've got masses of friends coming to eat that mankin fish stew shit in Boston (What the hell is that called? Mind block) then I guess that'd be impractical but it's a small affair then maybe?

    Worth an ask eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing my first 12-of-12 today! Very excited.

    ReplyDelete