Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Pottery! Pottery! Pottery!

Last night, I made a pitcher!

It seems tall. Of course, things always seem taller in my memory than in actuality. Especially after it dries and shrinks in the kiln. Next week, I will pull the handle (and take a picture of my pitcher *heh*).

Kiln is an odd word.

The other students all seem friendly. I think it will be a good class. I might start going to open studio on Sundays to get a little more practice.

Speaking of knitting, I cast on a knitten yesterday at work. Not sure why. Guess I was bored. I'm not quite sure how it's going to turn out. The yarn isn't quite as thick as I thought, so they knittens may be a bit ... holey. Oh well ... they aren't for me.

Finally, I've been working on a Global Blogger Meet-Up schedule of events ... this is all tentative, but here goes:

March 15 (Saturday): Dinner at Mandalay in Silver Spring followed by VUBOQ's All Star Dessert and Vodka Birthday Party!

March 16 (Sunday): Sight-seeing in beautiful Washington, DC. Sangria and tapas at Jaleo! Possibly clubbing at Cobalt! [Although I'm not sure how fun it is on a Sunday night. I will check.]

March 17 (The Best Day of the Year): Afternoon Margaritas and Spinach Enchiladas at Alero, followed by a (smallish) Chili Party at the hacienda.

March 18 (Tuesday): Sight-seeing in beautiful Washington, DC (for those people who aren't leaving) ... or just blobbing around the house knitting, drinking, and eating leftovers.

This is, of course, subject to change, but it gives you a general idea of the festivities, no? Sounds fun? You want to come? You want to be listed over there --> under "Global Blogger Meet-Up" right?

More later. *smooches*

13 comments:

  1. This is getting embarrasing now. You're talking about MY GBM more than I am. Mind you, as you're elected host I guess I can forgive you ;)

    You didn't mention that you've been promised brekky in bed on Vuboq day. Are you ashamed of me? Oh, and as it's St Paddies day and I'm of Irish heritage after all, there must be some bars involved that day. And Guini.

    All in all, sounds awesome! Come on people! Get your name on this list! Get your FREE {designed by me} T-Shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J says that he is going to bring the penis straws for the Vodka Bday Bash :)

    Have you considered Vodka-soaked gummy bears for snacks?

    But seriously, getting very excited! Can't wait!

    X Two Cents

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vodka Jello. If we're going with that theme. It's awesome. And pls ignore 2c, she's just in a strange mood cos she's not allowed out often without a carer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. only me: And you've invited her to MY home? Now, I get it. Didn't want her in yours, did you?

    Jello isn't vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL J is just sour over the straw comment ;)

    And there are vegan gummy bears... I will bring them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous.
    YAY for pottery! You make some of the most beautiful stuff. Someday I want to walk into some snooty store and gasp, "OMG, That's an original VUBOQ! I must have it! The kids don't need to go to college - quick, transfer the money out of their savings before they notice!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Pitcher? I thought you would have made a catcher...

    Yeah, I know -- Boo! Hiss! It's the best I could up with, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn you Gay Prof, you've stolen my pun! Curses, foiled again. The fools, I'll destroy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gayprof and david: What on earth would I do with a catcher? I don't even like basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  10. pacalaga: Y'know, if you send me your kids' college savings now, I could send you a VUBOQ original :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dinner better be late on Saturday, 'cause I don't get in 'til 7:30 or so. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, that's awesome you're meeting up with fellow bloggers.

    ReplyDelete