Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Hillary Clinton and teh Gayz

Admittedly, I gathered these links from Scott-o-Rama, a proud Clinton supporter, so there is the possibility of bias. I, in the liberal Democratic position, am willing to listen to other viewpoints. So, if any Obama supporters would like to convince me of his LGBT-friendliness, I would be happy to reconsider my decision to vote for Ms. Clinton. You have until the 12th ...

A Message to LGBT Americans: I Want to be Your President

When I am President, we will work together to make sure that all Americans in committed relationships have equal benefits and that nothing stands in the way of loving couples who want to adopt children in need. We're going to expand our federal hate crimes legislation and pass the Employment Non-Discrimination Act and assure that they are both fully inclusive of all people. And finally, we will put an end to the failed policy of Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Courage, honor, patriotism and sacrifice – the traits that define our men and women in uniform – have nothing to do with sexual orientation.

Check out the video of Logo Channel's interview with Hillary on 365gay.com.

Politics make my head hurt, so keep your arguments simple and to the point. *smooches*

2 comments:

  1. "Politics make my head hurt, so keep your arguments simple and to the point." Oh, yes, please. I'm confused right now. I want it to all be fixed and over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am no big supporter of Obama, so I won't try to push either way. It does bother me, however, that so many gays imagine Clinton as gay positive when, in reality, she just isn't overtly hostile. Are we so desperate for crumbs? And "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" was a Bill Clinton creation...

    Both Obama and Clinton have made it clear that they will not fight that hard for the gays, especially if it is politically expedient to dump them (as Bill Clinton did all through the 90s).

    ReplyDelete