Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Weekend Update: How the Heck Did It Get to Be Tuesday Already Edition

Good morning, kittenes!

The long holiday weekend has come and gone, and I'm back at work churning out crap for The Man.

Everything happened pretty much as scheduled (see previous post).

Friday night, I made delicious mango/mushroom/fire-roasted tomato pasta with a yummy grated peppercorn romano (I think it was romano). Mmm Mmm. DUN joined me. We started watching The Devil's Backbone, but, then SCGB came down. Since he had missed about 1/3 of the movie, we stopped it and just talked. It seems like Y came over later ... he must have, because I remember him being there on Saturday morning. Hm. Srsly, a lot of this weekend must have been spent in an Alcohol Cloud.

Saturday, I made yummy breakfast: Eggs scrambled with chili sauce and blue cheese (kind of like Buffalo Wing Abortions). Then, I knat. I finished the back of the Never-Ending Cardigan of Doom. See:


Then, I started the left front, but got all confused on the pocket part and had to rip the whole thing out. Thank Goodness for Ravelry. I emailed a woman on there who had made the same sweater, and she's given me some pointers. That evening, I went up to Tomokito's for martinis and Project Runway. Yay. I left her place after the show. Then, SCGB got home from a wedding and we had a drink.

Sunday, Carolyn and I went to the pottery studio. I trimmed one vase and threw another. I have a picture of the trimmed one, but I didn't have a chance to upload it. I will do so this evening. After leaving the studio, I headed over to Y's to wait for Eric from Baltimore.

Once he arrived, we had a quick vodka tonic and left to meet Tomokito and Steveandbobby in DC for Sunday Afternoon Margaritas. Yay! Cheese dip! Spinach Enchiladas! 3 Pitchers of Margs! Then, we headed over to Cobalt for $2 Smirnoff Cocktails ... *oog*

I think we left around 9PM? After we all piled into Y's car, everything became a little hazy. Embarrasingly, I don't even remember the durnken secks (although I was assured that there was durnken secks).

I woke up around 9 and was not hungover. *w00t* There is a god after all. I did laundry. Then, left to meet Mike and Tomokito at AU for lunch. We went to Chef Geoff's. I had two martinis. Mmm. Martinis. I got back to my place around 5 (stupid metro single-tracking), and I had to rush around to get back to College Park for pottery class.

Pottery class was super successful! I made a vase and two mugs! I'm quite pleased with how they turned out. Hopefully, the final results will be just as good. I think I will go again on Sunday (or later this week) to trim and pull handles. After class, I walked over to Y's. I do not sleep well at his house though, so I'm really tired. *bleah*

My plans for today? I'm going to start the first Global Blogger Meet-Up Vodka Infusion. I'm going to attempt to knit the left front of the Never-Ending Cardigan of Doom. And, I'm going to watch the rest of The Devil's Backbone.

Fun times, kittenes. Fun. Times.

7 comments:

  1. Mmm -- Liquor filled weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time. (Drink water between the alcohol drinks - it lessens the hangovers.) I can't wait to see the pottery. You make beautiful stuff.
    Oooh, I sewed the second sleeve into my cardigan of doom last night. Just two more seams, neck and button bands, and a million ends to weave in! And it's only taken me eight months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ew. Buffalo Wing Abortions. I'm done with *my* breakfast now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm. Sunday afternoon margaritas are my favorites. Especially when Monday's a day off.

    (Word verification: fmybjz. Dirty.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sugar, you shouldn't be getting too drunk to remember teh secks.

    Unless, of course, you don't want to remember teh secks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it's really good secks, shouldn't it be memorable through the haze of alcohol?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you explained the photo -- I thought it was the front panel of granny panties.

    ReplyDelete