Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tithing Tithers Who Tithe Tithefully

Guess what, kittens?

My federal refund has been deposited into my bank account. YAY! As you know, I issued forth the challenge of donating 10% of our tax refunds to our favorite charities.

This morning I gave money to the Washington Animal Rescue League and DC's Food and Friends. I am planning to throw some pennies at one more organization this evening. I can't from work, because its website is blocked by the Evil Firewall of Doom. *sigh*

Once I make that donation, I will have met the requirements of the 10% Refund Challenge! YAY!

If you'd like to join the cool kids (Earl Cootie and Mel) over there on my sidebar, donate 10% of your tax refund to your favorite charity (or my favorite charities). Then, send me an email or leave a comment on teh blog. The drawing for the fabulous (yet to be determined) prize will be held on April 15th.

On your mark.
Get set.
TITHE, BITCHES!

*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:42 PM

    I've tried donating to Food and Friends, but every time I try their website says my credit card is bad. I've never had this problem anywhere else. Then it still charges me a $1 transaction feee. I've tried contacting the people and F&F but never got a response. Argh. Guess they won't be getting my 10%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess if I don't get a refund, I can't be one of the cool kids...We always have to pay... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. IF I get a refund (IF I ever sit down and do the taxes -- 2 states's worth of taxes, again, is just way too much math for my brain), I will be donating to the charity of my own making: my debt. With any luck, next year I can donate to a much more worthy organization.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You already know my story.

    ReplyDelete