Tuesday, February 19, 2008

How Many Blueberries Does It Take ...

... to get to the center of a tootsie pop infuse 1L of vodka?

I'm hoping not more than 1 pint of possibly over-priced Chilean non-organic blueberries purchased from Whole Foods for $4.99.

The organic Chilean blueberries would have been $0.99 more. And, well, I figure the booze will kill any residual pesticides, right?

Suddenly I feel like I have put a price on my friendships ... y'know, if I liked you people more, I would've paid the $5.98 for the organic ones. Don't be insulted. Srsly. I hold you all in the highest regards.

I did splurge and spend an extra $0.20 per can on 2 cans of organic chickpeas. I'm making some sort of moroccan stew tonight for dinner. VUBOQ is worth teh organix.

Which reminds me, VUBOQ is also worth the drinking of the most fabulous gin EVER, Leopold's. I bought myself a fifth last year in Ann Arbor during my Birthday Extravaganza Vacation in the Frozen Tundra. Surprisingly, I still have half a fifth left (Is that a tenth?).

Anyway, on Friday night, I decided to treat myself to a Leopold's martini. When DUN came down, I offered her a taste (but only a small one, VUBOQ doesn't share the Leopold's). Her exact words were:

"Wow."

and

"This is like the difference between a store-bought tomato and an organic tomato purchased at a Farmer's Market"

and

"It's like drinking angels' spit."

Thus, we must all refer to a Leopold's martini as an Angel Spit Martini. Go forth and spread the good news.

The word of VUBOQ for the people of VUBOQ.
Thanks be to VUBOQ.

5 comments:

  1. If you really cared, you'd have bought locally-grown organic berries and saved the planet.

    Now the polar ice caps will melt because of your infused vodka. Have you no shame?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naming anything from this town "spit" seems appropriate right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually don't like gin, therefore I drink martini made with vodka (don't throw rocks at me!) But I will try that angel spit, it sounds so good and inviting!
    Thank to Vuboq for your wise words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it true that the plural of "penis" is "peni"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angel spit. I like that. Even though I've never met a gin that I like. But I haven't met too many, and none in recent years.

    I want to attend the great international blogger meet up next month, but I doubt I'll be able to. Too much vacationing last month has left the pocketbook a bit skimpy, you know... I was hoping for a tutorial in drinking too much. I'm such a novice.

    ReplyDelete