Friday, February 01, 2008

I Knew a Showgirl. Her Name was VUBOQ.

Well, Kittens, the four Manilow tickets are taken ... Y, Tomokito, Mike, and I will be watching the Manilow sing from far, far away and high, high up. I'm sure there are tickets left. You should join us! I am so looking forward to this crazy (and possibly cheesetastic!) event!

Lots of exciting things happened last night. A very sexy blogger called me, and, now, I have a bit of a voice-crush. Mmmm. You can call me anytime, Mister.

Then, I bound-off the first of two promised Harry Potter scarves. All I have to do is attach the fringe and this one will be winging it's way to Canadia (possibly as early as Monday). WHICH MEANS, I can now cast-on the -soon to be referred to as- Neverending Cardigan of DOOM. My parents gave me all the yarn (Color: Spice!) and needles and such for Xmas. The cardigan is Lion Brand's Saturday Morning Hoodie ...
AND, I finally watched Letters from Iwo Jima, which was stunning. I thought it was much better than Flags of Our Fathers. Perhaps, there is something more tragic/dramatic about the loser's story? It was fun watching a movie in Japanese, as well. I need to do that more often. I'm always amazed when I don't have to read the subtitles to understand what is happening. Of course, that is becoming less and less frequent.

*mourns the loss of my mad Japanese language skillz*

Not too many exciting weekend plans. I'm staying in tonight (to cast-on the Cardigan!). Y might come over at some point. I want to watch a movie or two. Saturday, I think I'm going to a party with SCGB in the evening. And, at some point, Mike and I are going to hang out.

No one's invited me to a Super Bowl party yet. I'm OK with that. I'm not a huge fan of baseball, anyway.

More later. *smooches*

6 comments:

  1. だから私と練習した方がいい!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've never ever answered my calls.

    *sook*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not having a Super Bowl party, but you could come to my birthday party. Except I'm not having one of those either. But I'll be taking a trip, and I'll think of you, and I'll bring you something back. How's that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you speak Japanese with a southern accent? Cuz that would be excellent. You should have your own superbowl party. You can all hang out in the kitchen mixing drinks while the football is happening, and then discuss the commercials (which really are the best part). Or you could all do a shot with someone drops the ball/adjusts his cup/runs/or when the announcers say something stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, good movie karma (I think): I warned you away from Apocalypto (really -- don't! Unless you like nasty, bloody, violent, corpse- filled, train wrecks), now you've steered me toward Letters. Thank you! (And, trust me, you would thank me on Apocalypto). Indeed, I may have gotten the better deal on this, so may this movie karma return to you three-fold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Barry Manilow. He's a brilliant composer and a great musician.

    ReplyDelete