Friday, May 26, 2006

Stupid People

I received the following email:

I noticed that the following chemicals appear on the Inventory with "XU" flag. But I would like to get confirmation from you on their "XU" status before say they are exempt from IUR. Thank you in advance for confirming them. [chemical names redacted]

I responded:

In order to confirm that certain chemicals are exempt from IUR reporting, you will need to consult the Code of Federal Regulations (40 CFR 710). If you do not have a copy of the Code of Federal Regulations, you may access it online at http://www.epa.gov/docs/epacfr40/chapt-I.info/.

I get this back:

your answer is useless. How can you get confirmation from 40 CFR710 for individual substances?

I am tempted to respond:

Your response is stupid. You read the regulations and determine if your chemicals fall within the exemption categories listed within the regulatory text. How hard is that?

I'll work on something less offensive later. Now? I'm off to lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment