Meat-free Monday: Orzo Salad Edition

Today for Meat-free Monday, I made an orzo salad from epicurious.com. I linked to the recipe in a previous entry. It's pretty good, although I think 1 cup of basil is a bit too much. Additionally, the recipe makes LOADS. I'll probably take it into work tomorrow and force my co-workers to eat the rest of it. Ha!
The bread is kalamata olive bread from Whole Foods. YUM!
Thanks to Persian Guy for posting a picture of his meat-free lunch. I hope lots of you also had a meat-free meal today. Leave a comment and/or post a picture on your blog if you did.
*meat-free smooches*
UPDATE: I unfortunately omitted the wonderful person who originally sent me the link to the recipe ... Kristen, YOU ROCK!!! [Now, create a blog so I can link to you ;-)]
i'm glad you identified the brown stuff, i thought it was meatloaf. can the orzo stuff be frozen? if so, why waste it on co-workers?
ReplyDeletedoes it count if my only meal today had meat in it and i didn't eat anything (including meat) the rest of the day?
omg that looks incredible!
ReplyDeleteIt's like 11:00 PM right now and you have made me hungry
Thanks!
Well, I haven't run into a bitter old queen in a long time- since I quit doing community theater. But you have good taste in food!
ReplyDeleteIf you pal around with any single jewish gals send 'em my way.
Take care. Amishav
it looks like a 6-eyed chysanthemum headed squid with pimento loaf tentacles! creepy.
ReplyDeleteSend me that bread.
ReplyDelete