Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Living on Borrowed Drama

Yesterday, I received an evite to a Memorial Day Mamba! I'm not quite sure what that means, but it will involve lots of drinking and debauchery. The Mamba is being planned by my former co-worker, A, and her idiot boyfriend, Corona, and it is a train-wreck in the making.

A's brother and Corona are housemates. Actually, A and Corona used to be housemates, but A was dating someone else at the time. They broke up, A moved out, and A and Corona started dating.

Because Corona and Brother are housemates, A has to keep the relationship a secret. The Brother automatically hates every guy A dates. [He's a little fucked in the head, Brother is]. So, if he ever found out that A and Corona were fucking, he'd go ballistic.

The party description says that while the cat's away, the mice will play ... meaning, Brother is out of town for the night. Of course, my overactive imagination has created a scenario in which Brother changes his plans and returns while the party is in full-swing. He sees A and Corona together and goes bat-shit crazy.

I'm tempted to go to the party just to see that happen.

However, I will probably not attend, simply because being around a bunch of intoxicated 20-somethings is rather tiresome.

I am *such* an old fogey.

In the meantime, my life plods along at its incredibly dull pace. Last night, I drank beer and made frozen pizza. Tonight, I think I'm going to knit and watch movies. I am so close to finishing the back of my sweater. I have 20 or so more rows to go. Then, I get to start on the front. Then, the sleeves. Then, I have to do the neck. Then, I have to sew the whole damn thing together. It may never be finished.

It's the neverending sweater.

Suddenly, I'm wondering if I should try to get a Ph.D.

4 comments:

  1. oooh, i say find a ph.d. and lock him in the basement! just let him out to work and support you. make sure it's an economics degree or something useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza and frozen beer rocks. Er, wait.

    Intoxicated twenty-somethings are tiring.

    I haven't even started my sweater!

    You rock. *smooch*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get tired of intoxicated twentysomethings too, and I'm still a twentysomething. Does that make me a young fogey?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:08 PM

    Knitting Suggestion (learned from my time on the Neverending Socks of Doom):

    Knit both of your sleeves at once. I don't mean some complicated technique where you knit them together, I just mean get two sets of needles. You can knit a few rows on one, then on the other, back and forth. Otherwise you might be so sick of sleeves by the time you finish one, that you'd stab yourself in the eye rather than start the second one. (It's also good, for if you make a change in the design, you can knit the same change in the other sleeve right away with less chance of forgetting.) I can only imagine how upset I would have been, if I had finished one of the green socks, and had my triumph deflated by a whole 'nother sock left to do.

    ReplyDelete