Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My Desk

Cubicles are boring. Mine is this icky shade of greenyblue fabric. I have worked in this cubicle for nearly 3 years. I have succeeded in covering nearly all of the icky greenyblueness with interesting things. Here is a quick inventory of (nonwork-related) items in my cubicle:

(Starting from my left and working around) -

  1. Postcards from New Orleans, Niagra Falls, Los Angeles, San Francisco (2), Costa Rica, New York City, Mexico, Japan, Vietnam, Morocco, Venice, Azores, Budapest, Florence, Paris, and Sardinia (2).
  2. Mardi Gras Beads and Mask
  3. Stuffed Totoro
  4. Stuffed Tibeten Yeti Christmas Tree Ornament
  5. Stuffed Chik-fil-a Cow
  6. Stuffed Devil
  7. Little Banner of some Chinese Saying (I don't remember what it says)
  8. Chinese fortune cookie fortune: It is during difficult times that true friends become apparent.
  9. Chinese fortune cookie fortune: Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
  10. Hones-Tea lid: A person is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.
  11. Candy Canes (2, from different Christmases)
  12. Several Christmas cards
  13. Little Mexican Pyramid
  14. Red rubber duck with horns pencil topper
  15. Pink plastic easter egg
  16. yarn chicks (2)
  17. Portuguese lucky rooster
  18. remote control car (with dead batteries)
  19. Cicada exoskeleton
  20. Battery-operated coffee stirrer/frother (courtesy Token Asian)
  21. Photo of Santa Lucia (from the National Gallery of Art, taken by Robert)
  22. Corn car magnet/toy
  23. Statue of some Indian god/goddess (from John's trip to India)
  24. Reindeer poop jelly bean dispenser (also from Token Asian)
  25. 3 coffee mugs
  26. another toy car
  27. 5 free 1-liter coke tops
  28. Another Chinese banner (I can't remember what it says either)
  29. Grasshopper finger puppet

Now you can sleep at night.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:54 AM

    3 things:

    1. According to my sources (doesn't that sound all spy-like and mysterious?), the Horned owl says "Who cooks for you", while the Barred owl says "Who cooks for you-all". Apparently this is an important distintion in birder-world. I think birders are odd, but who am I to judge?

    2. What is a yarn chick?

    3. Can I have one? :D

    ~~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exoskeleton. Cool.

    Which Hindu deity? Kali?

    Could you be more gay?

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so honored that some of my trinkets have been selected to spend time with you in your cubicle! I forgot where I got that reindeer poop toy...Tokyo? Korea? Hiroshima?

    ReplyDelete