Thursday, March 16, 2006

5 Albums and Some Change

The Love Lemming posted an entry about 5 albums which mattered to him. Since I am a Love Lemming lemming, I have compliled a rather odd selection of 5 albums I love (and a couple extra).

The thing with me is that I usually don't LOVE entire albums. I will love one or two songs, like most of the others, and be *meh* about one or two. So, after much deliberation, I came up with these (in chronological order of when I first heard them):

Peter, Paul, and Mary's Peter, Paul, and Mary is one of the first albums I ever heard. My parents owned it. My brother's favorite song was Lemon Tree. I think mine was 500 Miles.





Spitz's Sora no Tobikata was the first album I bought in Japan. I listened to it over and over and over and over again (mainly, because I only owned 2 or 3 CDs at the time. It was my initiation into the joy of J-Pop and it helped me learn to read and speak (and sing!) that crazy Japanese language.



Ah. The Miseducation of Lauren Hill, the first album I bought after returning to America from living in Japan for 3 years. What can I say other than it's an awesome album?




Patsy Cline. The Ultimate Collection. 'nuff said.






What's not to love about Loretta Lynn's Van Lear Rose?






I have two runners-up:

Michael Jackson's History Volume 1. I mean, who's Junior High School life wasn't influenced by Thriller? AND, I saw the History concert when I was visiting a friend in Hawaii. It was awesome.





B-52s' Nude on the Moon. Sheesh. I mean, who's college life wasn't influenced by the B-52s?





OK. Guess that's it. I completely missed a deadline at work. So, I suppose I ought to get to work on it. *GAH*

1 comment: