Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Breaking News

As John put it when he called, "What do you want to hear first, the good news, bad news, or OK news?"

Here is the order I chose:

Good news: John won't have to go to Iraq or Afganistan.
OK news: I like his dog.
Bad news: John will be leaving on Saturday to go to Georgia for training for 3-4 weeks. After that, he will be an alternate for some security job in Ethiopia.

I will be moving into his house for the duration. I may move my cat too.

Does anyone have any advice on a) temporarily moving a cat, b) introducing an older cat to an overactive puppy, and c) being boyfriendless for 3-4 weeks?

Update: On second thought, I scratched (c). I figure I've lived at least 34 boyfriendless years, only 3 - 4 weeks should be all right. Right?

2 comments:

  1. a) The cat will pick up on your vibe. Just be calm and normal about the whole thing.

    b) Let the cat get used to a room or area sans dog; introduce the dog later.

    c) Amazon.com has an adult toy section. I bet you could find something there for the duration. *hehe*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What saved my sanity when I introduced my cats to my mom's dog was a baby gate. I put it in my bedroom door with the bottom about four inches off the floor. That way the cats could scramble under but the dog couldn't get in. Not only did it provide the cats with a dogless place to go, it also kept the dog from eating their food and nosing in their litter box.

    ReplyDelete