Friday, March 03, 2006

J-Pop Friday: Final Edition

No one seems to be interested in downloading my weird taste in Japanese pop music, so this will be my last J-Pop Friday. *sniff*

The first song isn't actually pop. I think it's from a children's show, but I love it because it makes me laugh.

Dango San KyouDai [loosely translated as Three Gooey Doughy Rice Ball Thingies on a Stick Brothers]

I first heard this second song on a trip to Japan several years ago. I liked it so much I bought the CD single. Later, I asked a friend to send me Shibata Jun's first album, Tame Iki, which is AWESOME.

Gekkou Yoku [loosely translates as Um ... Moonlight Shower?]

Of course, now, I own two copies of this song, which means ...

Time for a Contest. Yay! A Contest!

If you'd like to win my copy of the CD Single, write a haiku (either about J-Pop, Vuboq, or why you want the CD Single) and leave it in the comments below.

Contest ends sometime next week.

5 comments:

  1. You like weird music
    it's indecipherable
    but you? are still cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:16 PM

    Getting mail is fun
    Especially from a friend
    Who survived D-X.
    ~~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. In true "Haiku" fashion:

    Snows melt, spring arrives
    Patience, striped scarf jealousy
    Very low, my head hangs

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You're Easy Breezy,"
    Hiki? "I'm Japan-ezy?"
    Oh, that's so cheesy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. free stuff is quite nice
    even if it means haikus
    though I suck badly

    ReplyDelete