Friday, March 10, 2006

Could It Possibly Be True?

It's supposed to get up to 70 degrees today and tomorrow. Has Spring finally arrived? Or is March simply being a tease and plans on kicking us in the balls a few days from now with freezing cold temperatures? March is a bitch. Or a lamb. Or a lion. Whatever.

I'm beginning to think that I'm becoming a regular at a few spots in my Downtown Silver Spring 'Hood.

Exhibit A: The owner of Adega Wine Shop and Cafe regularly makes recommendations and tells me what's coming up on new menus that he thinks I'll like.

Exhibit B: Yesterday afternoon at Starbucks, the cute behind the counter order taking boy was all "Hey!" and smiles when I walked in the door.

Exhibit C: This morning, the little girl at the Chik-fil-a had placed my order and rung it up before I even said anything (Egg and Cheese Biscuit and Large Coffee. $2.82).

In other news, dinner at Mi Rancho was cheese-a-licious. I had the cheese enchiladas smothered in cheese. And a margarita. Yum. Good food, hot date, and helping to raise money for a worthy cause. What could be better?

Ooh! Ooh! I know! I know!

My friend, Tomoko, is participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. If anyone would like to help her reach her fundraising goal, please visit her donation page. *smooches* to anyone who contributes!

And, one final thought (for now):

Memo to Drivers:

The it's-all-my-fault-raised-hand is admirable in college basketball players admitting responsibility for a foul; however, after you deliberately run a red light to turn left across a major thoroughfare and cause a very large bus to slam on its brakes to avoid turning your SUV into a pancake, the hand wave isn't such a good idea ... Unless it means that I can now send your license tag number into the police. Citizen's Arrest! Citizen's Arrest!

No comments:

Post a Comment