Children of the Quorn
I'm back from a fun-filled shopping excursion at Whole Paycheck Foods. I thought that tonight I would make a boring pasta dish, because I remembered that yesterday I saw their 365 Brand Pasta Sauces were on sale - $1.99. Bar.Gain.
But, then, I noticed that a big ol' can of 365 Brand Diced Tomatoes is cheaper than 365 Brand Pasta Sauce at $1.19. Look at me saving $0.80! Such a power shopper.
And, since I have onion and spices at home, I can make my own crappy pasta sauce. W00T.
I also picked up a little bucket of mushrooms. Then, as I wandered aimlessly down the frozen food aisle, I saw that Quorn was on sale. I've never had Quorn, so I thought I'd give it a try in my crappy pasta sauce. Edible fungus! Mycoprotein! Fun!
Suddenly, boring pasta dish has become a Gen-U-Ine Eating Adventure.
But, then, I noticed that a big ol' can of 365 Brand Diced Tomatoes is cheaper than 365 Brand Pasta Sauce at $1.19. Look at me saving $0.80! Such a power shopper.
And, since I have onion and spices at home, I can make my own crappy pasta sauce. W00T.
I also picked up a little bucket of mushrooms. Then, as I wandered aimlessly down the frozen food aisle, I saw that Quorn was on sale. I've never had Quorn, so I thought I'd give it a try in my crappy pasta sauce. Edible fungus! Mycoprotein! Fun!
Suddenly, boring pasta dish has become a Gen-U-Ine Eating Adventure.
I also bought a giganto bag of 365 Brand Garlic Ranch Potato Chips. Please stop me from eating the entire bag today. kthxbai.
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of Quorn, but now I am intrigued...
ReplyDeleteI never buy jarred tomato sauce. My grandmother always used canned sauce, and her sauce is the best in the world.
ReplyDeleteI like Quorn, but David won't eat it. Did you also buy garlic for your pasta sauce? Also, it's better if you add just a dash of sugar, 'cause it cuts the acidity a little.
ReplyDeletewe don't have quorn here. that just sucks rocks for pennies.
ReplyDeleteI like Quorn.
ReplyDelete