Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

'Cept I really have the ague.

Last night, I did not do my 30 minutes of cleaning. Instead, I took a nap. Mmm. Nap.

Then, I made a variation of Mel's Chickpea Soup:


It was delicious. The only problem was I accidentally bought whole tomatoes instead of diced tomatoes, but ... whatever. Recipe to come later, maybe.

Then, I went to our Co-op Stakeholder's Annual Meeting, which was a complete cockup. On the plus side, DUN and I were elected to the board. On the minus side, downstairs neighbor who annoys us was also elected to the board. Gah.

The big minus was the discussion about the budget. It's too high. The increase is too much. The numbers are all wrong. They approved charging an annual parking fee as well as increasing the summertime A/C fee. Then, they whined about canceling the janitorial service. People won't help out. Blah blah blah. Negativity abounded. You can't have it both ways, folks.

When the tally for the votes were counted, the budget with the biggest increase was approved. WTholyF! And, the meeting was quickly adjourned.

I was pissed. I may or may not have said the F-Word.

DUN and I figured that the two lower budget options (one keeping the janitors, one getting rid of that service) split the vote. Also, we think a certain person on the board who had a lot of proxy votes, voted for the most expensive. Must be nice to be made of money, because I have no idea how I'm going to come up with an extra $80 per month starting in April.

They bitched about it being too high and then voted for the most expensive?!?! Are they insane? Or just stupid?

I'm thinking stupid.

This weekend, I'm going to take a random poll of neighbors to see if I can get them to approve one of the cheaper options. Otherwise, I'll be selling a kidney.

4 comments:

  1. I am so broke that $80/month would really send me into financial chaos (again). Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good god! You would be quite justified in using the f-word -- repeatedly and in various grammatical contortions. Definitely, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may need a kidney someday. What's your asking price? $80/month? So - would I be, like, leasing it? Could I just do down payments, then when I need it, call in my loan?

    No, seriously. Ouch. Sorry. Be sure to push-poll, just in case your random neighbors aren't too swift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PLEASE PUBLISH THE SOUP RECIPE! IT LOOKS AWESOME! And no, I won't apologise for shouting, I NEED it. Better still, come and make it for me? Please? Go on....

    ReplyDelete