Monday, January 07, 2008

The Cubicles Have Ears

One of the new people on another hotline in my office, consistently says, "Let me transfer you to the National Lead Center," even though he has been told by his supervisor many times that it is the National Lead Information Center. Drives me batty. And he doesn't even work with me.

Maybe I'm just hormonal.

Of course, his supervisor is the person who calls the forward slash (/) in web addresses a "backslash" (\). (^-^)/~~

I think I'm teetering on the edge of a Career/Life crisis. To prevent anything rash from happening (i.e. throwing my computer out the window and running out of the office), I am not thinking about it. Best not to dwell.

However, I need to jumpstart my job hunt.

Either that or land a handsome, wealthy SugarDaddy who can support me and my pottery-making/knitting/bad short story writing ways. If you know anyone who fits that description, please let me know. I'd be willing to put out. Srsly.

I can has sugardaddee.

7 comments:

  1. sorry, if I know anyone who fits that description I'm keeping him for myself. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. pacalada: Grrl, now that's just selfish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I like the idea of a National Lead Center. It would be a clearing house for all of your lead and lead-poisoning needs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about your poetry?

    But seeing as a new job is probably a bit more easy to come by, laying the ground work is probably a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yea. I have so many interesting talents and abilities, but I have no idea how to put any of it to marketable use. I need a keeper, a manager, a personal trainer (not necessarily the exercise kind). Otherwise I drive around in circles for the rest of my life.
    I think you are absolutely charming. And you cook, and pottery-make, and knit things and FINISH them!!! And you cleaned your room. Gosh, so many talents. Good luck, babe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can goblinbox has sugardaddee, too pls? Working full-time is for chumps. I dislike it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...also, I read lead (as in 'lead a horse to water') and not lead (as in 'that child must've licked a lot of lead paint') and totally didn't get it for a minute there.

    ReplyDelete