Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Update: Baby It's Cold Outside Edition

Happy MLK Day, Kittens!

Although it is sunny and blue-skied here in the DC/Metro Area, it is also FORKIN' FREEZING. I don't think I will be venturing forth into the Great Outdoors today ... unless someone can convince me ... or bribe me with booze ... or a delicious combination of the two.

Come to think of it, I haven't ventured out of doors much at all this weekend. It's been cold. And the Metro is seriously forked - 30 minute delays on the Red Line because of trackwork at Metro Center.

So, Friday, instead of meeting Ray and Joey at teh GayBarz, I played Scrabble and Boggle and drank wine with SCGB. I was also in a bit of a funk for two (three) reasons, which I can't really remember but were very important at the time.

Saturday ... hm ... what did I do on Saturday? When one stays inside doing the same things, all the days tend to blend together. Oh! I remember! I dug through the pile of things that needed to be filed (since 2005!) and either filed them or shredded them. I borrowed Tomokito's paper shredder. I gots ta get me one of those! Paper shredding is fun! And COMPOSTABLE! (I think. I need to verify that online).

Speaking of compost, our compost pile is FROZEN. SOLID. I took out my little compost bucket on Saturday (or Sunday?), and I couldn't even bury the stuff. I put it on top of the pile and it was STEAMING!!! So weird. It's probably frozen now too. Someone needs to go out and turn the compost. Not me though.

Saturday night, I hung out with Tomokito. We watched part of an America's Next Top Model season on VH1 (or MTV?). Not sure which season. The one where they went to South Africa, which was cool. I'd like to go to South Africa.

Sunday, lots more blobbing. Then, around 7ish, I had people over for Movies! Pizza! Beer! and Popcorn! At first I thought it was only going to be me, SCGB, Tomokito, and her hubby. However, late in the day, I got RSVPs from Steveandbobby and Rayandjoey. We had a good time. I have lots of pizza left though. I'll be eating pizza all day. Mmm. Pizza. And, I made yummy popcorn - one batch had butter, salt, and ... um ... some kind of parmesan-like cheese made from sheep's milk. The other batch was butter, salt, and chili powder. Yumminess.

We watched 9 to 5 which was a lot of fun ... and the last people left around 12:30ish?

This morning, SCGB came down for coffee and pizza. I need to motivate towards the shower. Then, I need to finish the washing up from the party. I'll spend the rest of the day knitting and goofing off on the net. Fun times, kittens. Fun. Times.

*smooches*

PS. The "New Profile Pic" Poll is open 'til Friday (unless I decide to close it earlier), so scroll down and vote!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, honey, I think we all know that crazy eyes has it in the bag. I mean, a 15 point lead over the closest competition? It's as good as over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also shunned leaving the house for most of the weekend. It's much too cold and the fire was so delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like SCGB is becoming a close friend, eh?

    It is presently -21 degrees here. Cold, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you can use shredded paper for the compost.
    It's cold in Texas too, I think it's 28F today, freezing right?
    And you should choose pic#5!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do a very tasty butterless* popcorn with parmesan, onion salt and parmesan.

    * Why would you want to do butterless popcorn, you ask? Really, I have no idea. It's just the way I used to do it for impromptu parties before I became a recluse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, though doubling the parmesan is always a plus, one of those parmesans was actually supposed to be the *special* ingredient: dill weed. No, really. Try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and by "dill weed" I may be talking about "dill". Without the weed. I'm not sure. I gave up herbal lore and witchery when I became a recluse. Backwards, I know, but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete