Thursday, January 17, 2008

To Mull or Not to Mull

Neither snow nor sleet nor slippery sidewalk nor ice nor slush nor ... um ... cold and near-deathly illness, shall keep the VUBOQ from his appointed rounds:

Likker

I have invited the neighbors down (and over) for Mulled Wine and Movies tonight. It should be fun since I've never mulled wine. I mean, I've mulled over wine ... red or white? sweet or dry? cabernet or merlot?

But, I've never actually mulled the wine. This should be fun. I scoured the intertubez for an interesting recipe and have combined one or two or fifty-seven into my own:

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 orange, sliced
5-6 cloves
3-4 cinnamon sticks
a couple dashes of Angostura bitters
1 Honking Huge Bottle of Cheap Ass Merlot

I'll let you know if it's gross or not.

4 comments:

  1. sounds similar to sangria, which I prefer to drink swirled into my frozen margaritas. mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have terrible news -- I think that bourbon (which I love) gives me nightmares (which I don't love).

    ReplyDelete
  3. No real need for sugar, depends if you really really like it sweet. But add some zest of lemon. And really buy the chepest red wine you can find.
    I hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mulled wine, eh? sounds interesting.

    I sure hope it's not gross.

    ReplyDelete