Tuesday, January 01, 2008

It's the End of the Century!

Or maybe it isn't. Whatever. One of us is a little overhung and doesn't really care ...

My New Year's Eve Champagne Tasting was a total blast. 7 people came. We started with a delicious (if I do say so myself) Cranberry Champagne Punch, which I modified from a recipe I found on line. Here's how I made it (try it at home, kids!):

64 oz. cranberry juice
2 cans of ginger ale
1 pint raspberry sorbet
1 bag frozen raspberries
1/2 bag frozen cranberries
1 bottle dry champagne (I used Barefoot Bubbly Brut Chardonnay Champagne)

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures, so you'll just have to imagine the good times which were had. I crawled into bed around 3AM ... *oog*

Here's a list of the champagnes (and sparkling wines) we tasted:

Sofia Blanc de Blanc (It comes in cans! Tres chic!)
Finca La Linda Extra Brut Chardonnay (from Argentina. Too extra brut)
Marwood Brut Sparkling Wine (from Italy. Sweet and fruity)
Tenuta S. Anna Prosecco (also from Italy. Unanimously the group fave)
Piper Sonoma Brut

I am thinking we had one more kind, but I can't find a bottle. Perhaps I just imagined it.

And, I'm sure you're all dying to hear my New Year's Resolution, right? Well, I'm still formulating it, but I'm going to be using a recent housewarming gift from a fabulous friend to become more organized and maintain a cleaner, happier apartment ...



Martha! Martha! Martha!

Oh, and the plate in the first photo was part of my Xmas present from my brother and his gf. It's from the Bob Timberlake Gallery in NC. Very pretty.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delish. My NYE consisted of knitting in front of the fire, in bed at 9:30. Woo hoo, I'm a party animal. (I did wake up to ring in the new year when the idiot neighbors started the fireworks, which terrified my big mean dogs. Comforting a whiny dog at midnight is never really how I pictured my NYEs in the past.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VUBOQ: Bossy has missed you SO Much. That'll teach her to have a Family Emergency. Anywho - happy new year from your biggest fan.

    ReplyDelete