Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Momentous Event

This morning, waking up in the not-quite-heated-through apartment and walking to work in the dreary-misty-grayish rain made VUBOQ yearn for the soup, perhaps some sort of curried soup. Thanks to the wonders of epicurious. I have found exactly what I was craving: Curried Potato, Spinach and Garbanzo Bean Soup. YUM.

I ventured forth unto the Whole Foods and have purchased every single ingredient I need. Do you know what this means?

Can you feel the excitement?

The sense of History?

Yes, kittens, VUBOQ will, for the first time in ... eons, be following a recipe with no substitutions.

I KNOW!!!!

Once you have regained your composure, pulled yourself back into your chair, or ... um ... been given smelling salts, please continue on with your bright and cheery day.

PS. To my brother/brother's friends, who might stumble across this blog by putting my flickr ID into a search engine (like, i dunno, earthlink?), welcome!

Word to the wise though, you may want to skip over the parts about teh buttsecks, because I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like it ... well, most of you anyway *wink wink nudge nudge*

5 comments:

  1. All the ingrediants? This is the end of an era. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One momentous event leads to another: that recipie sounds so yummy that I might actually cook! (Although I will add in some tofu, if I do. If.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am disappointed. I would at least have expected you to ditch the curry powder in favor of individual spices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neighbours: Like you, I used to think curry powder was just a blend of spices. Properly, it's not though. I have a curry plant to prove it. The leaves can be dried and ground to make ocker curry powder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to hear more about teh buttsecks.

    ReplyDelete