Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Children of the Quorn

I'm back from a fun-filled shopping excursion at Whole Paycheck Foods. I thought that tonight I would make a boring pasta dish, because I remembered that yesterday I saw their 365 Brand Pasta Sauces were on sale - $1.99. Bar.Gain.

But, then, I noticed that a big ol' can of 365 Brand Diced Tomatoes is cheaper than 365 Brand Pasta Sauce at $1.19. Look at me saving $0.80! Such a power shopper.

And, since I have onion and spices at home, I can make my own crappy pasta sauce. W00T.

I also picked up a little bucket of mushrooms. Then, as I wandered aimlessly down the frozen food aisle, I saw that Quorn was on sale. I've never had Quorn, so I thought I'd give it a try in my crappy pasta sauce. Edible fungus! Mycoprotein! Fun!

Suddenly, boring pasta dish has become a Gen-U-Ine Eating Adventure.

6 comments:

  1. I also bought a giganto bag of 365 Brand Garlic Ranch Potato Chips. Please stop me from eating the entire bag today. kthxbai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of Quorn, but now I am intrigued...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never buy jarred tomato sauce. My grandmother always used canned sauce, and her sauce is the best in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Quorn, but David won't eat it. Did you also buy garlic for your pasta sauce? Also, it's better if you add just a dash of sugar, 'cause it cuts the acidity a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we don't have quorn here. that just sucks rocks for pennies.

    ReplyDelete