Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Not the Way I Wanted to Start Out the New Year

Every. single. person. on my hotline called in sick today. Fuckers.

Lessee ... one has a "family emergency" [mm.hm. I believe that about as much as I believe that he had a "headache" on Monday] ... another one is sick (sick of work? sick that her 2 week vacation ended?) ... another one has "leg problems" ... another one has transmission problems (but can come in at noon:30. oh joy). And, my boss? He also has car problems.

Yeah. Thanks for leaving me here all by myself today. Bastards. It's not like I don't have things planned for the day (oh, I don't know, like, maybe getting a friggin' lunch break).

I really don't need this crap. I think I may take a half-day on Friday now.

In other news, I'm working on my New Year's Resolution of becoming More Like Martha. I'm developing a weekly 30 minute cleaning schedule. This week, my goal is to get my bedroom and closets sorted and organized. My 30-minute regimen will start next week.

Here's what I have so far:

Things to Do Every Day:

-wash dishes, including coffee pot
-empty the cat box
-make bed
-sort/file mail

Things to Do Once a Week (30-minute Cleaning):

-Monday: Living Room/Dining Nook
-Tuesday: Kitchen
-Wednesday: Bedroom (and Laundry)
-Thursday: Spare Bedroom and Bathroom

A Place for Everything and Everything in Its Place.

I am also going to devote *at least* 30 minutes to job-hunting per day and (maybe) some time for writing and thinking about going back to school. We'll see ...

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes, Tuck and I agree that job hunting is very important, especially when works with a bunch of assbeagles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Mel said. Assbeagles suck, and not in the good way.
    Have you heard of Flylady.net? She's very much NotMartha, but the whole idea of her program is that you take baby steps to clean and organize, doing a few minutes each day if that's all you can stand. Check it out - she's a little over the top for me (read: I want to throttle her and her LOLs) but the schedule idea is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always forget to wash my coffee pot, but I do make the beds every day. I also do laundry nearly every day. The "Everything in its Place" thing doesn't work well for small kids. They like to remove things from their places and locate them to other places.

    I hope they give you a bonus for doing the work of six people today!

    Happy New Year, Vuboq! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto on the comment about flylady. I spent about a year pretending to follow her guidelines. She's got a good idea and good planning. I had problems doing what I was told. It's a rebellion issue. I still, every so often, think about trying the program again.

    LOL at Cooper! When my kids were very young they would undo any clean-up I did twice as fast as I could clean. Books were the worst. The corner of the living room was tiled with books. After they went to bed I'd stack the books back in the shelf. Next morning- on the floor. I quit trying. Unfortunately, I haven't started trying to clean up again :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bossy is so so so so so into your cleaning routine. She's into READING ABOUT IT, that is. Doing It - that's altogether different.

    ReplyDelete