Friday, June 02, 2006

Countdown to the Weekend

I have a fairly busy weekend planned, so there should be loads to blog about come Monday [Come Monday, it'll be all right. Come Monday, I'll be holding you tight ...].

After work today, John and I are heading down to Southeast DC for a house-warming/birthday party [Note to self: Buy housewarming/birthday presents today]. On Saturday, I would like to go to the National Building museum to see the exhibit on eco-buildings before it closes. I'm not sure if I'll have time, because I also need to run some errands in and around Silver Spring. Then, I'm heading to Kristen's in Alexandria for Movie Night. John was invited but, after hearing the possible movie selection, opted out. Maybe we can meet up at a club afterwards. On Sunday, my grad program alumni are having a potluck dinner at my advisor's house, which should be fun. I think I'm the only one from my cohort still in the area, but I'll be able to meet younger graduates at least. I think I will make my fire and ice salad. That should be cool and refreshing.

My other weekend goal is to apply for some new jobs. Several of my friends have recently accepted fantastic new jobs. They've inspired me to get my butt in gear and get out of my current hellhole (I mean, cubicle).

I would do this sort of thing at work; however, most of the job search sites I use are blocked by the Evil Firewall of Doom (*curses*) including, USAjobs (for federal positions), EcoEmploy, and EcoJobs. Bastards!

And, now, I must pound out some email responses. More to come, I'm sure ...

*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. The firewall at your (current) job is so evil it hurts just to think about it.

    Good luck with the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled across a proxy website the other day which implied it could thwart most firewalls. It may be worth giving it a go so I'll find the details for you.

    I know how it feels to be stuck in a job you hate, hence my decision to quit and move to Australia within the week! But then, I've always been quite extreme!

    Have a good weekend
    Only Me

    ReplyDelete