Thursday, June 22, 2006

Lessons Learned

I learned two very important work-related lessons yesterday:

1. Even though my co-worker's work-visa disaster was not my fault and did not affect me in any way whatsoever, I learned that one should keep a written record of every phone conversation, save every single email ever sent and received, and -at all costs- trust my company's HR department about as far as I can throw them.

2. I also learned that when hiring a new employee and vociferously advocating to your direct superviser for the cuter of two applicants one should always make sure that the cuter of the two applicants has the English skills, especially writing skills, necessary for successful completion of all assigned tasks. Otherwise, it's just more work for me. GAH.

1 comment:

  1. It's so important to document everything. Ev. Er. Y. Thing. And HR departments are black holes, yea verily.

    ReplyDelete