Thursday, June 01, 2006

Inflammatory

Some of you who live in the DC Area may have seen this ad on the metro recently.

It's a little shocking, no?

I did a little research on ConsumerFreedom.com and, not surprisingly, it's a "non-profit" agency supported almost entirely by the food industry. Similar to the anti-Kyoto Protocol/Climate Change "non-profits" which were -and, in some cases, still are- backed solely by oil companies (I'm looking at you Exxon-Mobil).

Obviously, Consumer Freedom is not exactly a reliable source of information. However, I found the quote by Ingrid Newkirk to be particularly disturbing, so I searched the PETA website for their response to this ad.

There wasn't one. I emailed PETA yesterday and received their rather lengthy response this morning. The crux of which was ConsumerFreedom is bad and we were misquoted. I won't post the entire email here, but, if you'd like to read it, let me know and I'll forward the email to you.

2 comments:

  1. Consumer Freedom is crazy, judging by the ad you posted.

    But I have to admit that PETA has kinda lost it's mind. A year or so ago they released the most absurd comic book I've ever seen, just as inflammatory and insane as a Xian pulp tract. It said that your father, who goes fishing a few times a year, is a cold blooded serial murderer. It was way, way, way crazy over the top.

    They're becoming their enemies, I think. Which is always a danger in a war of morality.

    And as for the quote? I bet they really did say it. They really don't want any research done on animals. ANY. Even if it did cure AIDS/HIV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. send it to me. i've seen those ads and they sicken me. there was another one before this one that i don't remember the details of but i think it was about abortion. simply ignorant! they stop at nothing. ugh.

    ReplyDelete