Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Meat-Free Monday: Too Lazy to Cook Edition

aka. John Hates Bleu Cheese Edition (bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha)

I had planned to make some sort of red-skinned potato frittata last night, but, by the time I started wandering around the grocery store after work, I had no motivation to do anything that even resembled cooking. I ended up only buying garlic stuffed olives (Martini First!) and forgetting, yet again, to buy coffee. GAH!

I walked home, sorted some laundry, played with my pussy, and mixed a martini. Dinner was (as photoed) an Amy's Organic Texas Veggie Burger [which seems kind of funny now that I think about it] with bleu cheese and spinach and a salad of spinach, diced tomatoes, bleu cheese, and balsamic vinegar.

Thrown together in all of about 5 minutes. As I ate, I watched The Aristocrats, which, in retrospect, was not the best dinner and a movie choice. Fortunately, my years as a biology student/teacher gave me a pretty strong stomach. I mean, really, if you can discuss parasitic worms over breakfast, you can put up with about anything.

I talked to Robert for a bit. I called Christal. I knitted. I tried not to feel too sad. It was a good evening. I slept funny and my neck hurts this morning.

One thing I've noticed since "the Unfortunate Event" began is that I don't want to get out of bed in the morning. Prior to Splitsville, I would usually get up when the alarm went off (6:15) and have a nice leisurely morning. Now, I hit snooze multiple times. This morning, I didn't crawl out of bed until a little after 7, which meant I had to run around like a crazy person to leave for work on time (7:45ish). Maybe if I remember to buy coffee today, I will have that additional motivation to get out of bed.

Otherwise, I really think I could spend the whole day lying on my bed. I like bed. Bed good.

So, who else had a Meat-free Monday Meal besides Mush? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? There are *meat-free smooches* to be given!

4 comments:

  1. I did I did! Actually, there was no meat in my monday at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A completely meat-free Monday at Walden Pondless. I had zaru soba and edamame for dinner, but I didn't take a picture, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had a meat free tuesday, does that count? cheese sandwich, fried egg sandwich, and spagatini and cheese with peas for supper...unless you count the egg as meat, then it was a meat free day. coffee free too. i think i'm going to change that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't really get a monday. I was midway between UK and Malaysia. I lost 9 hours of monday and 12 of it were on a plane. Couldn't really tell whether the offered food contained meat or not. Sorry, no idea!

    ReplyDelete