Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Meat-Free Monday: Mending Heart Tuesday Edition

Not having access to a computer at home means that my Meat-Free Monday post couldn't happen on Monday. And, of course, given all the recent drama, I actually didn't remember Meat-Free Monday until about 5:30PM yesterday. *smacks forehead*

*Meat-Free smooches* to all who ate a meat-free meal yesterday!

So, here's the picture:

Meatfree3


As I told Mush in a text message last night, it's basil, asiago, and pine nut pesto ravioli (frozen, from Whole Foods) on marinara sauce (from a jar) and my homemade heirloom tomato and cucumber salad. Not too shabby. The wine was yummy, btw. I drank the whole bottle and am a wee-bit over hung this morning.

I need a smoothie.

John and I had a long telephone conversation last night, where we talked about a lot of things in our relationship ... our expectations, what's right and what's wrong with it.

I still don't know what I'm going to do, but my head seems clearer. And, (don't hate me), I'm seriously leaning towards giving him another chance. On my terms.

Thank you all for your supportive comments. My friends are my family and I don't know what I'd do without you. And, I'm starting to tear up at my desk, so I need to stop. You all mean so much to me. *BIG HUGS*

Finally, to end on a cute note, here's a picture I took of Oscar when he was about 6 months old:

Oscar puppy


More to come ...

4 comments:

  1. I say make that bastard kiss your feet before you let him back in. You are a killer deal for him! Housesitting, reminders, dog-sitting! If he wants you he better EARN you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm assuming you're being hopeful because John is sorry he did it. As in, the words "I'm sorry I cheated on you" or "I am a piece of scum for having done this" or something to that effect did pass from his lips at some point during your talks with him.

    Take care of yourself, okay? Don't end up like the wreck I was last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being friends, we'll support you whatever you do mate! Don't feel worried about that, whatever you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever you decide, don't appologize for it - and don't worry about judgment. You will do what you need to do, no one else has been in your EXACT position. Sammit cheated on me - I decided to let him back into my life and I got a lot of flack for it. Whatever you do, and as cliche as it may sound, be true to yourself.

    ReplyDelete