Monday, September 11, 2006

Weekend Update: Apparently Making Happy Memories Includes Copious Consumption of Alcohol

As some of you may recall, I assigned homework this weekend: Make Happy Memories. Did everyone do it?

Friday evening, I met Darryl, Mike, Robert and Tomoko at Halo for happy hour. I wasn't expecting Mike to be there because he was supposed to meet a friend in Adams Morgan for dinner. After his first drink, he called and cancelled. We left Halo around 8 or 9(?) and went to Dupont Italian Kitchen [fondly referred to as "DIK"] for dinner. Then, we all went our Mary way home ... well, I went to Mike's house. I think we went to bed around midnight.

When I woke up on Saturday morning, I had a horrible headachy hangover. What up with that? I don't remember drinking that much. I think I had two martinis. Darryl thinks I had three. Mike couldn't remember. I swear I only had two, because I distinctly remember thinking at one point in the evening that I would not order another drink after I claimed my "free" one [Happy Hour at Halo is 2-for-1]. Someone else ordered my second drink for me (I don't remember who), so maybe they ordered rail gin (*shudder*) instead of Sapphire?

Mike made a yummy breakfast - pancakes, eggs, veggie sausage, but played a mean trick on me. I took one bite of the veggie sausage and said, "Wow. It tastes like real sausage."

"It is," Mike replied, paused, and laughed at my expression.

*grr*

I left his house around 2, got home at 3, and slept until about 4:30. By the time I got up from my nap, my headache was gone. Yay! I called Mike, and we arranged to meet at the Silver Spring Jazz Festival around 7.

That was fun. We wandered around Downtown Silver Spring, listening to the Jazz bands. We both bought new shoes at DSW. I got a pair of brown boots for $18! Woo hoo! Bargain! He bought a taco salad. I bought eggplant fries, and we ate dinner on the astroturf "lawn" in front of the stage. Later, we sat at a table in front of the still-under-construction fountain and people watched. He caught the bus back home around midnight.

Sunday, I spent the day lounging around ... I knitted - I'm almost finished with one Harry Potter Scarf! Two more to go by Christmas! I watched a few DVDs (nothing of note). Around 6:30, I met Mike in Silver Spring to go to dinner with two of his friends. They drove us to Udupi, a vegetarian Indian restaurant near Langley Park.

Admittedly, Indian cuisine is not among my favorites. I don't hate it, but it is usually not one of my first choices. Usually it's the texture I find unpleasant. A lot of Indian food seems to be a tad on the mushy side. As long as I steer clear of the mushiness, I do like the food - the flavors, the spices, mmm ... the cooling yogurty sauces. I had something with chickpeas (Maybe Chana Masala?). Quite good. And for dessert I had pistachio ice cream. YUM.

Mike's friends dropped me off at home around 10:30 and I went to bed soon after. All in all, a good weekend.

Today, I have to make some final decision about who I'm going to vote for in the primary elections tomorrow. I also have to figure out how to get to my polling site. I think I might do a little online yarn shopping as well. Must. Buy. Yarn. for. Christmas. Presents.

Oh, and I have to work on updating our training manual this week, too. *bleah*

Have a super groovy day, yo. *smooches*

3 comments:

  1. Everybody is better off with liquor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait I'm (easily) confused. Was the mean trick *telling* you it was real, or actually feeding you real sausage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indian food is EVIL!!! EVIL I SAY!! Never have I met a cuisine that makes me more sick after consuming it. If I were superman, it would be my kryptonite!

    p.s. I missed you while I was cut off from the net :)

    ReplyDelete