Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Positive Attitudification

As some of you may or may not know, I'm going to London next month (woo hoo!). But, this entry isn't about that (I know. I know. I'm sorry. I promise LOADS of London-themed entries in the days to come! Promise!). Instead, I need to type a bit about my upcoming sojourn in Waynesville, NC.

I am not looking forward to it. Not at all. However, as Mike reminded me in an email, "try to remember that it's your choice about how you will think about your trip home. Bad thoughts will get you experiences you don't really want." Out of the mouths of babes, eh?

I need to think about this pilgrimage in a more positive light. I need to make a list of good things about my trip to North Carolina:

1. It will practically be over before it starts (I'll only be in NC from 9:30PM Friday - 6:00PM Sunday).
2. Maybe my parents will buy me things - like fun NC pottery.
3. Maybe my parents will buy me things - like fun NC fashion. *cough*
4. Free food. And, Mom is a good cook.
5. Cable (well, satellite actually) TV.
6. My brother will be there too. [Misery loves company]
7. My friend from college, Lori, will be driving down for dinner on Saturday.
8. It should be close to peak weekend for the Autumn foliage.
9. I'll get to see FrankenKitty Gertrude.
10. Did I mention free food and my parents buying me things?
11. Dad will reimburse me for the airfare.
12. Computer access.
13. I'm only working a half-day on Friday.
14. My brother is more naggable than I am.
15. I won't have to go back until Christmas.

Ah. The Power of Positive Thinking. I feel better already.

2 comments:

  1. It’s like GayProf always says: “Ah, Family, can’t live with them, can’t shove them in a trunk and drive them over a cliff.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free food, free airfair, free stuff, short visit, getting to see family and pet. Jeez, and you get to do it all again at Christmas!

    You're the second blogger in two days to make me feel a pang of home-sickness. I've never had it before so I'm not sure if that's what it is or not. Perhaps I'm just crook still.

    ReplyDelete