Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Meat-Free Monday: Oops Forgot a Photo Edition

I hope everyone enjoyed a Meat-Free meal yesterday (I know you did, Marve! *smooch*). I didn't remember until after I had eaten Monday night that it was Meat-Free Monday. I blame the holiday. My dinner was quite simple. I made a sandwich - heirloom tomatoes, avocado, and mixed greens on seven-grain bread with a rosemary butter spread. Yum. I made the same sandwiches for our Sunday picnic. Surprisingly delicious. Although the rosemary butter wasn't as flavorful as I had hoped. Next time: more rosemary!

I received a package from Jay! Yay! It was full of tacky Australian tourist crap! Woo hoo! Fun things for my Shelf of Tacky Things from Around the World* (currently still in a box somewhere, eventually, on display in my "office, currently storage room"). I will try to take a picture of the GOODS tonight (if I remember), but there was a little wooden boomerang, a beer hugger, and a itty bitty koala bear. ALSO, there was a big hat-cum-cat toy. [*heh* I just typed "cum"]. I still have to figure that one out ... but it's a big floppy hat with this test tube stopper-like things hanging off of it. Isabella was going batshit crazy playing with them last night. Too funny! Perhaps, Jay will be willing to explain ... Many, many thanks and lots of *smooches*

Not much on the agenda today. Depending on the weather, I might go to a happy hour in the District. I really don't want to venture forth into the rain though. If it stops, I'll go.

Hm. I wanted to blog about something else, but I've forgotten what it was. Alas. Maybe more later. *smooch*

*I can't quite remember how this Shelf started ... I'll have to pull it out at some point to see if I can remember what the first thing was. Quite possibly my Chairman Mao Musical Cigarette Lighter. The Rule of the Shelf is that, no matter how tempted I might be to buy myself the London Double Decker Bus snow globe, I can not buy anything for the Shelf. Everything on the Shelf must be a present. It's kind of fun to see the tat my globe-trotting friends bring back. Among my favorites: the Pope John Paul II snow globe from my cousin and the mini Fidel Castro and Che Guevara clay figures from Tomokito. I do have a few things on the Shelf which I purchased; however, those were before the Rule of the Shelf was formalized.

2 comments:

  1. >>Chairman Mao Musical Cigarette Lighter.

    You've got to be kidding me. I think we need a photo of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also: thanks for the plug!

    Also: pervy monkey. :P

    ReplyDelete