Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Shelf of Tacky Things from Around the World

Marve asked for a picture of my Musical Chairman Mao Cigarette Lighter. Suddenly, I remembered that I had an old picture of the Shelf posted on my geocities site. Here it is:



This is a fairly old picture, so several things have been added to the Shelf, but what you can see here (from left to right, sort of):

2 sets of Chinese "healthy balls" *heh*, Pope John Paul II snow globe, Mexican stone donkey, Mexican painted armadillo, NYC cab/snow globe, black Egyptian bird-thing, Eiffel Tower, Mao Lighter, Myrtle Beach (SC) thing with dolphins, Sardinian mushroom toothpick holder, Kali finger puppet, Thai lip gloss container (I guess), Miami (FL) thermometer/snow globe, pottery penguin (my pottery teachers 3 year old made it for me), San Francisco trolly pencil sharpener, Greek Ouzo (not drinkable!), Costa Rican vegetable cart, Che and Fidel, Uruguay musical flute-like thing, Thai clay turtles, Portuguese Lucky Cock *heh* "cock," Chinese magnifying glass.

The picture? Those are the Davis Cousins at Matthew's (the youngest cousin) wedding. Guess which one is me (not the one in the dress)!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! *refrains from joke about the Chinese balls*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but notice that a great many of your objects are longer than they are wide. I am not sayin', I am just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. are the chinese healthy balls and the portugese lucky cock a matching set? *hah*

    ReplyDelete