Friday, September 22, 2006

A List of Things You May or May Not Know About Me

1. I want to go back to White Sands, New Mexico some day. I think it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.
2. I have a BA in Science Education, Biology Concentration from Elon College (now University).
3. I have an MA in Global Environmental Policy from American University (and, even though Mike works there, I didn't meet him until after I graduated).
4. I had a girlfriend for a few months in Japan.
5. When I was in second grade, I jumped off our front porch, landed on a bush, and sprained my ankle.
6. It really bugs me when people say things like "I thought you only dated Asians" or "Someone told me you only like black men" to me.
7. I think my mom will freak out when I tell her I'm gay.
8. I think my dad already knows.
9. My favorite color is green.
10. Breaking up with John is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. And, sometimes, I think about calling him and trying to get back together.
11. I've been snowskiing twice in my life. Both times were complete disasters.
12. I can ice skate pretty well though.
13. 13 is my lucky number. [Ex. I graduated 13 out of 396 in my high school class.]
14. Two of the first crushes on (famous) guys that I can remember are Patrick Duffy in The Man from Atlantis and Mark Gastineau.
15. The first man with whom I had sex was a math teacher at the school where I worked. I was 23. He was in his 40s.
16. If I lived in a big house with a yard, I would have a dog ... in addition to the PsychoKitty.
17. I wish I had taken Spanish instead of Latin in high school.
18. I "inherited" my first car, a metallic pine green 1979 AMC Spirit, from my brother.
19. I have a hairy brown birthmark on my right leg above my knee. I don't wear shorts often because of it.
20. When I was in 5th and 6th grade my bedroom had dark purple carpet. I thought it was cool.

6 comments:

  1. You had a girlfriend in Japan? Ohhh, now my curiosity glands are going to rupture...owwww....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your parents don't know that you're gay? I am confused again.

    Don't call John. He isn't worth your time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, don't call john.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also thought your parents already knew. And NOT calling John is the most amazing thing that you could do. It is strength - and it is something, as a person who has been cheated on, that I need you to do. I'm not being all cheesy, and I know I haven't commented in a while - but I think about this - and the fact that you're so strong inspires a lot in me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...with a math teacher?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. embrace your birthmark and wear shorts!

    ReplyDelete