Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A Bottle of Wine

I made a simple pasta sauce of sauteed onion, red bell pepper, and a can of fire-roasted tomatoes. Then, I added some homemade pesto which was in my freezer. I tossed it with that twisty pasta. It was yummy.

I watched a DVD. It was in French. I don't remember the title, but it was cute.

I drank a bottle of wine, cabernet sauvignon (did I spell that correctly?).

Slightly buzzed, I called Mike. *heh* Yesterday, I included him on a mass email to friends inviting them to join me at Halo on Thursday for its second anniversary all night "happy hour." He didn't respond. I wanted to make sure that he knew I was inviting him because I wanted him there and not out of some misplaced obligation.

We talked for a bit more. We discussed the weekend roadtrip to West Virginia. He is still willing to take care of PsychoKitty Isabella while I'm in London [Did you know that I'm going to London?]. The conversation was coming to an end, when he said,

"Was there anything else you wanted to say to me?"

[pause] Eh. What? I had to stop to think. No, there wasn't. But was there something I should have wanted to say? Was there something that he was expecting me to say that I didn't? [pause]

"No. I think I covered everything I wanted to mention. Is there something else that I should have said?"

"No. I was just being polite, like a Verizon operator who asks if there's anything else you need."

"Uh. OK. There isn't. Bye."

*click*

I cast on another hat. I needed to think.

1 comment:

  1. Where are you visiting in WV? I live in the Morgantown area, home of the infamous WVU couch burners. :-)

    ReplyDelete