Thursday, September 28, 2006

Red for Autumn

As I have mentioned, I've decided to go Red for Autumn. In case some of you are having trouble imagining what I will look like, here are a few visual aids:

Headshot 1, StickSteven Edition:













Hm... That's not really all that helpful, is it?

How about this:

HeadShots 2&3, Blond and No Longer Blond Edition:




Better, no?

Most of you probably do not know this, but I was born with very red hair - not the CarrotTop shockingly vibrant red, but a less in-your-face strawberry blond red. Everyone loved it.

As I got older, my hair darkened, losing nearly all of its redness until my natural color became a dark blond. Yet, if I spent long periods of time in the sun, red highlights would appear.

However, working full-time put a serious dent in my ability to spend long periods of time in the sun. Very sad. I liked having red hair. I dyed it red once (maybe 3 or 4 years ago), but I think it was too dark. This time I want something a bit lighter. We'll see how it goes.

The great thing about hair is that no matter how bad the cut, style, or color, it (usually) grows out.

4 comments:

  1. Because you are worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember when you had your hair red. it looked really nice on you. in solidarity with your red for fall theme i bought red pants for the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see how it looks.
    (I assume you will be posting pictures)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red for Autumn is BRILLIANT. Like I said, I'm thinking of doing it myself. If I'm gonna be single I might as well be sassy.

    ReplyDelete