Friday, September 22, 2006

Random Thoughts

It's too early to be thinking about these things ...

1. Being alone isn't bad. Really. [See the comments on Goblinbox's latest entry.]

2. Why do we sometimes refer to discrimination against the gays as homophobia? By making it a "fear," does it somehow justify it?

3. Am I a total loser because I have no Friday night plans other than a) clean a friend's apartment, b) knit, and c) watch DVD?

4. If I don't have sex soon, I may explode.

In other news,

As some of you may know, I'm GOING TO LONDON!!! WOO HOO!!!

Oh, and yesterday, I met Mike at Whole Foods in Silver Spring. While waiting for him, I ran into one of my neighbors, Chris, who serves on our co-op board. She asked me if I would be interested in serving on it next year, because one member can't run again and another is moving. I said I would be willing to be considered. Then, she goes into this long explanation about our management company and how it's not been doing a good job recently and blah blah blah ... and I start thinking, "Are you asking me to be on the board so I can fire the management company?" [pause] [pause] (still thinking) "I'm the heavy! I'm the heavy!"

Apparently I give off the aura of someone who would enjoy firing little old ladies. *sigh*

Sad, but true, I suppose.

Anyway, Mike arrived. We bought food and ate on the pseudo-astroturf "lawn" in downtown Silver Spring. The weather was lovely, if a bit cool. After we ate, we wandered through some of the shops. Somehow, I managed to restrain myself and not buy any more shoes from DSW. Mike bought cupcakes at CakeLove, which really weren't all that great. The frosting was yummy, but the cake was a little ... dense. We sat in front of the newly restored fountain and talked. Around 9:30, I started to get cold. We walked to the bus stop and waited for his bus. We kissed good night and he left.

I walked home, knitted a few rows on a hat, and went to bed. My life is so exciting.

8 comments:

  1. If I don't have sex soon, I may explode.

    I feel like I missed an entry or many along the way. I thought you were dating a guy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose "fear" does not justify discrimination. It may shed a light on where it's coming from. Because for most people fear is always of the 'unknown' like death, the future, aliens, foreigners, the other sex, or people with different sexual orientations.

    Comeon VUBOQ! You know you are not a total loser! After all you have plans for LONDON.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gayprof: It's complicated. I haven't been blogging about Mike recently, because I haven't sorted it all out in my head. We do go out about once a week ... but, we haven't had sex in awhile. I'm pretty sure he likes me. I'm no longer sure he likes me in that way.

    bala wala shi: YAY! Thanks! Nice to know I'm not a *total* loser. Remember the Lonely Loser Valentine's Dinners? *heh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah.. i do! it was fun. i hope you were not offended by "not *total* loser"? i was using your wording.. but also, i think we all have to lose something sometimes. can't be "total winners" either. so it's ok. ce la vie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to say the same thing as someone above. Your life IS exciting if you're going to London, an unbelievably fabulous city.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, remove the man and the ability to knit, and that is my life in a nutshell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no plans for tonight yet either, other than the two hour process of creating/uploading my daily video. Oh I'll probably have a couple drinks with my friend, boringish but I guess it could be worse.

    I am going to echo GayProf's comment, I thought you were dating as well. What do you mean he doesn't like you "in the way"? That crazy boy, If you were my boyfriend there would be no question about how I felt.

    Anyway, now I'm getting jealous about London, can I stow away in your suitcase? I'm smallish.

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hon, tonight I'm staying in to work on my lightsaber. If you declare yourself to be a total loser, they're going to have to create a whole new category of loser-dom for me.

    ReplyDelete