I'm back. I will be posting about my vacation soon. Well, soonish ... maybe this weekend. I dunno. Also, I came back to a big pile of stress at work. Good times. Can I go on vacation again? (Why, yes. Yes, I can. I'll be flying to Atlanta for Pesach. Just the weekend. Not the whole dang thing. My body needs gluten. And, then, a quick trip to NC in early May to see the 'rents.) ANYWAY. Israel and Latvia posts coming up. Stay tuned. Or just look at the pix on my IG. *hugz*
Happy Presidents' Day! Since I last posted, so much has happened ... I think. I was going to bake my parents heart-shaped biscuits, because -when we were wee lads- my mom used to bake my brother and I heart-shaped biscuits on Valentine's morning. They were not as good as the biscuits I make now. However, after I grated the frozen butter in my food processor, I tipped it out into the flour and the handle on the food processor broke. The bowl fell into the flour. I dug out a few pieces of plastic and a spring, and I threw it all in the trash. I called the manufacturer. They are sending me a new bowl ... in 2-3 weeks. UGH. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE BISCUITS NOW?!?!? The SigNoth caught a cold, so Valentine's Day was even more of a bust. Not that I really buy into the whole pseudo-holiday thing anyway. Saturday, I did my taxes. Refund, yay! And, I ordered some nice stationery. I thought it would be fun to use my fa...
6:00AM. With the new normal, I should be on a bus to the metro station, where I board a train and then another train to arrive at my office bright and early and chipper as a newborn squirrel. Today is special, though. It's Pottery Class Registration Day. Which is surprisingly competitive. The DMV has too many Type A Soccer Moms (and Dads). In order to register for class, I have to log on at 6:30AM and hope the Pottery Gods are kind to me in the registration queue. We shall see ... so exciting. After I register, I will then board a bus and a train ... and another train to get to my office. Depending on what time I arrive, I will either work late (ugh) or take some leave (also, ugh). Being totally honest, I will more than likely take leave because I hate being at work late. This would be a perfect day to telework. If we were allowed to telework. Too bad Danger Yam (as one of my mutuals calls He Who Must Not Be Named) thinks...
I love Richard Thompson. However, the picture does not embiggen when I click. :-(
ReplyDeletei like vivid colored clothes...squirrels swarm one the best. it did not embiggen for me either.
ReplyDeletebah. i don't know why there is no embiggening. it is supposed to embiggen. bah.
ReplyDeleteUm. It's not embiggening for me either. But I guess you knew that. I obviously don't have the magic touch that I thought I did...
ReplyDelete