Monday, May 07, 2007

What Fools These Mortals Be

Saturday night, or perhaps it was early Sunday morning, in a margarita-induced drunken stupor, I was online in a chatroom, saw John was online as well, so I sent him a short email. It was not much of anything, merely a "hi and I'm glad you are back and OK" kind of thing. I then passed out on my sofa.

Sunday morning, I was v. overhung. Urgh. John had responded to my email, so I replied, closing with "If Oscar is there, please give him a big hug and squeeze from me."

This morning, John replied to tell me that while he was in Iraq, Oscar had to be put down. He said he'd tell me the details when/if we met.

I am sad. And, stupidly, I am feeling a little guilty, plagued by the What Ifs ... and, if you know me, you probably know what those are.

Here's a photo of him in October 2005 (about 6 months old):

Good-bye, Oscar.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the news :( And it's not your fault.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not your fault. I am sorry for Oscar, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bye, Oscar. *smooch*

    ReplyDelete